Sunday, April 15, 2007

when forever is just a word..

"I guess that's all forever is. Just one long trail of nows. And I guess all you can do is try and live one now at a time without getting too worked up about the last now or the next now."
--- Daniel Booker, The Horse Whisperer.

Isn't just that right? When I stumbled upon this certain passage, I knew that all along, I've been thinking with the same line of thought. Maybe that's why I never considered the phrase "now and forever" a valid one. Because, I'd rather prefer the phrase "forever and beyond".

And what is it they usually say? "Tomorrow never comes." So most likely, we'll NEVER find forever tomorrow, or even in the next tomorrows of tomorrow. Why? Because we can only take one day at a time. One "now"-- one "forever" -- each day.

No comments: